If you’ve finally gotten your braces removed, you must be ecstatic with the results except for one thing. Sometimes, residual braces glue can stay on your teeth. This peeves most people as they would be expecting a perfect smile only to be met with an almost perfect one instead. In this article, we will tell you how you can go about removing your braces glue. Glue removal can be done using items that you’ll easily have on hand and the process in itself will take no time to complete, so let’s get started.
1. The first you’ll want to do is rinse your mouth for about 30 seconds using warm water. Make sure you rinse all the various part of your mouth. Then spit out the water and repeat the process again for another 30 seconds.
2. Afterwards, you’ll want to fill a bowl using a solution we’ll create: In a bowl place two (2) teaspoons of baking soda, then add half (1/2) a teaspoon of 12% hydrogen peroxide and mix them together. When you do this you should see bubbles.
3. Once your solution has been made dip your toothbrush into the bowl and cover the surface using the mixture we just created. Then start brushing your teeth as you normally would. Rest assured that this mixture will not harm your teeth in any way, if anything it will whiten them as it removes your braces glue. BE SURE TO NOT SWALLOW THE MIXTURE!!!!
4. After brushing your teeth, use a dental or toothpick to gently scrub off the glue chunks and residues. Do this until the glue is removed or at least displaced off the original location.
5. Now that the glue has been removed, rinse your mouth with warm water again for 30 seconds and then spit out the water. The rinse your mouth again for 30 seconds and spit the water out.
6. Your teeth should be pristine clean now